Currently there are no job vacancies at the Munich Documentation Center.
Jobs and internships
Here you can find out about job vacancies at the Munich Documentation Center as well as about the internships we offer for school and university students.
The Munich Documentation Center offers internships for school students who would like to gain work experience and for university students who are required to do an internship as part of their study program. Please note that all internships are unpaid. After completing an internship, interns will receive a detailed testimonial. Unfortunately, we can only offer a limited number of internships, so not all applicants will receive a place.
Your application should include a letter stating why you would like to do an internship at nsdoku and what personal qualities you bring with you. Please include a CV and your last school report and tell us when you would like to do your internship.
Please send your application by e-mail (PDF) to: vermittlung.nsdokumuenchende
To apply for an internship you should fulfil the following conditions:
- You have completed at least two semesters of a study program in a relevant subject (Modern and Contemporary History, Public History, and other branches of history; Political Science, Cultural Studies, or related disciplines)
- You are interested in contemporary history, the culture of remembrance, and the topics addressed by the Munich Documentation Center
- You can provide evidence that you are required by the study or examination regulations to do an internship relevant to your studies as part of the study program.
Mandatory internships are unpaid. Every intern will receive a detailed testimonial.
Please submit your application by one of the following deadlines:
March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31.
We will review all applications received by these deadlines and then invite candidates we consider suitable to attend a personal interview. For organizational reasons, some months may elapse between submitting your application and starting your internship. We therefore advise you to apply as early as possible.
Applications should contain the following:
- Letter of motivation
- Details of when you wish to do your internship (the length of the internship is determined by the examination regulations)
- CV giving details of your study focus and key activities
- High school graduation certificate (Abitur), training certificate, and, where relevant, employers’ references
- Current enrollment certification
- The section of the examination regulations specifying a mandatory internship
Please send your application by e-mail (PDF) to
Dr. Angela Hermann | angela.hermannmuenchende